- Real-time Stereo Sequencer, melody & drum loop creator, simple drag & drop interface
- Instant trim, pitch & loop
- 600MB High quality royalty free samples
- 19 fully controllable & independent audio effects
- Intuitive zoom for quick and easy editing
- Integrated sound editor with automatic beat slicing
- WAV and MP3 support
- Choice of interface skins – choose and easily create your own customisable look & feel
Whether you’re talking Ramsteen, Slipknot, Puddle of Mudd or the latest Bush album, there’s no denying that nu-rock is the groove of today. With PCDJ Rock Producer you can soon be adding to that fashionable cacophony.
The truly brilliant thing is that you don’t need any instruments: say goodbye to your Rickenbacker, wave a cheerful adieu to your Fender Telecaster, tell the Repo Man to get busy with your bass drum: with PCDJ Rock Producer it’s all on disc. Not only that, it’s easy, too. The idea is that you use a central screen, or console, to access some of the many sounds contained here. Whether it’s riffs, licks, flammadiddles or slap-bass snatches you’re after, they’re all here. With one or two clicks of the mouse you can match their beats, bend their pitches, drop and drag them into prepared grooves and lavish endless and exciting effects (like echo, reverb, distort, resonance and echo) on to the final track to give them that truly personal vibe.
If there is a drawback to all this, it’s that it lacks a little romance. Where’s the dry ice floating past the Marshall stack as the guitar hero sips his Jack Daniels? But that was then, and this is now. —Sean Thomas